Front of House volunteers for Melbourne Fringe theatre show Night Terrors.
If you are starting out or emerging in theatre or the arts, this is a great role. Each show night, the front of house volunteer will assist the producer in taking tickets, showing people to their seats, and helping any stragglers who arrive once the show has begun. You are crucial in providing the right experience and setting a professional tone. You’ll also get to see the show for free each night, a free ticket for a friend.
We will need one front of house volunteer each performance, over over 14 nights in 13-30 Sept 2018 (final dates to be confirmed). You can put your hand up for as many of those 14 nights as you like, though preference will be given to those who can do more.
You will need
– Transport to and from our venue (either Club Voltaire, North Melbourne or Bluestone Church Arts Space, Footscray)
– Good English skills to read ticket details, listen to and answer questions.
– Reliable and professional personality, as our audience and their experience is one of the most important aspects of the show.
– Commitment. Once you say yes, we’ll be relying on you as part of our team, to make sure the show can run smoothly.
We will interview each applicant on the phone and then meet in person. Even though this is a volunteer role, we are big believers in value exchange. If we meet you in person, we will learn about what you want to get out of theatre and the arts, and should you join the team, we’ll find ways to give you some sort of value in exchange, be that specific experience, services or support.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide:
– A CV or some other way of demonstrating your experience so far.
– Why you want to volunteer for this role.
– Your full name and phone number.